Last week, I have copied some important study materials in the form of PDF files into my system hard drive. But while organizing the files on my system, I managed to delete those PDF files unintentionally. I came to notice this after an hour or so, when I started searching the files in order to prepare for the examination. Unfortunately, I have used Shift + Delete keys to delete the unwanted files from system, therefore I couldn’t find it in Recycle Bin folder also. I really need those files back, exams are approaching pretty soon, and there is no time to sit back. I searched a lot to find out, how to recover deleted PDF documents? None of the approaches that I found worked out for me.
Portable Document Format which is by short called as PDF. It is one of most popular format that is being used to write documents. PDF files are extremely useful for writing pages for product brochures, preparing online books, magazine articles. Nowadays PDF documents are indexed to search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing etc. which helps the users to view the documents on web browsers. In general, a PDF file can contain text, forms, images, annotations and other data. PDF file is maintained to preserve documents electronically across multiple platforms, which are printed only when it is required.
Losing important PDF documents is always a great concern for the users. As the primary advantage of keeping PDF files is to preserve the documents for long time use, it preserves all the fonts along with graphics used regardless of the platform that is being used. Precautions taken to keep your documents safe won’t be enough at times to avoid the loss of PDF files. In such situations you can use the services of a reliable PDF recovery tool like Recover Deleted Documents. Before finding out how to recover deleted PDF documents, let us get to know the common reasons that might lead to the loss of PDF documents.
Common reasons behind the loss of PDF files
- Human errors: One of the commonly faced situation. User might accidentally delete a PDF file by using the combination of Shift Delete keys which makes the file bypasses the Recycle Bin. In case of deletion of PDF files from memory card or other removable devices, even normal deletion will cause it to by the Recycle Bin folder.
- Virus intrusion: Virus attachment to the PDF file may result in corrupting the PDF document that eventually leads to the loss of file from the storage device.
- Partitioning errors: Errors during partitioning the system can lead to deletion of files which may include all important PDF documents.
- Formatting: Formatting the hard drive or storage device by mistake will erase all the data from the storage device that may also include
- mproper cut paste operation: IIf cut paste operation is interrupted in such cases it will lead to the deletion of PDF files from the storage device.
- Other Reasons: Other reasons include improper shut down of the system while PDF file is opened, or usage of third party application may also cause the deletion of PDF files from the system.
Whether PDF files deleted are lost forever?
If you delete a PDF file from your system, only the reference of the file in the allocation table is erased not the exact documents. By deleting the file, the space is left free to copy new files, if you replace the memory location with new data, this might cause permanent deletion of files. But if you react quickly, you have 100% chance to recover deleted PDF documents from the system.
How to recover deleted PDF documents?
You can recover deleted PDF documents by using Recover Deleted Documents software under any circumstances leading to the deletion of PDF files. It is one of the most recommended application that is designed for the purpose of recovering deleted PDF documents from the system or any other storage devices. By utilizing this toool you can easily perform lost document recovery from Mac as well as Windows machines.
Major features of Recover Deleted Document
- It is an easy to use application that helps to restore deleted PDF documents with great ease. The rich user friendly graphical user interface makes it look so simple for the user to perform deleted PDF documents recovery.
- This tool performs rigorous scanning of the hard drive or storage device to retrieve deleted PDF documents safely.
- Apart from restoring deleted PDF documents, this tool can also be used to recover deleted Word document, PowerPoint presentation, Excel Sheet document, Outlook PST files, etc from different storage devices.
- By utilizing this software you can also recover images, music, video files without any difficulty.
- This tool facilitates the user to preview the files prior to restoration of the PDF file
- In addition, this tool can also restore deleted excel files stored on various storage devices such as HDD, Pendrive, Memory card etc.
Steps to recover deleted PDF documents
Step 1: Download and Install free version of recovery software to your system. Launch the software by double clicking on the desktop icon. Once the software gets launched, click on "Recover Files" option from the main window.
Step 2: You will be opted to choose between "Recover Deleted Files" and "Recover Lost Files". Select "Recover Deleted Files".
Step 3: Later you will be taken to where you need to specify the drive from where you have deleted PDF documents. Select the drive and click on "Next" button.
Step 4: As soon as you select your option, the software starts the scanning process. Upon completion of scanning and recovery process, you will get list of recovered PDF documents
Step 5: Once the file gets recovered, you can preview the recovered file in a separate window